Saturday, June 6, 2009

Leap of Faith

The day is finally here. I applied, I interviewed, and I waited. Then I was selected. All of that was in 2008, when today seemed like a lifetime away. Even during the spring semester I was still waiting for this day to come, this day that I questioned would really even happen. And in less than 24 hours I will be on a bus sleeping, eating, talking, learning, and growing for the next 40 days. Now as time draws me closer to this event that once seemed more like a fantasy, I find myself losing my breath. However, this feeling isn’t anchored in fear completely. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t a little nervous or scared, because I am, but more than that I’m excited. Words can’t express the excitement in my heart. My head is full of so many questions. What will I see? Who will I meet? How will I react? What will I learn? Will I be able to process all these stimuli and be able to effectively communicate what I have just processed? Will there be surprises along the way? What will challenge me? Which city will I fall in love with? Which city will I hate? Will this trip live up to my expectations? Did I pack my toothbrush? Except for the last question (which can be answered by checking my bag), the only way to find out is to step out and walk. This is the leap of that will continue for the next 40 days. Let’s go!

1 comment:

bonniekathryn said...

Hi Cory! Hope you're having a great day in Memphis. Say hi to the group. bks